Just a quick note to let everyone know that I made it to Port Au Prince. It is amazing here. I cant believe I am here. Quite surreal. The people are so friendly and seeing the destruction from the earthquake is unbelievable. Especially since it has been 8 months since the earthquake. It looks like the earthquake just happened 1 month ago. Medical Teams International had a local Haitian, named Wilson, pick Brian and I up at the airport and drive us around Port Au Prince and even up into the mountains. He also took us to church. Man was it hot at church. We were sweating just sitting there for 2 hours. I dont have much time to write because I have a plane to catch to Les Cayes, plus the mosquitoes are eating me alive. Good thing I am taking my anti malaria medication. Tomorrow is my first day of work and I am really looking forward to it. It was hard to drive around all day and see all the people asking for help but not be able to do anything.
Hope all is well back in the states.
-Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment